Customer Experience Specialist (Phlebotomist)
This job posting is no longer active.
- Savannah, GA
- SJH - Laboratory Outreach Services
- Part-time Casual (PRN) - Other
- Req #: PR14382-9072
What You’ll Do:
- Serves as primary link for customers to laboratory service.
- Performs patient registration, order entry and order review recommending appropriate process changes.
- Prints custom requisitions, dispatches couriers, distributes reports, answers client telephone inquiries, and processes requests for client supplies.
- Processes patient specimens using computerized systems.
- Collects blood and other specimens from neonates, infants, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Successfully performs capillary punctures, using sound judgement to make decisions about acceptability of sample type, volume, and integrity.
- Follows written guidelines for identifying patients and labeling specimens.
- Phlebotomy certificate and/or experience preferred.
- Billing knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other third-party payers preferred.
- 1-year experience in phlebotomy
- National certification in current specialty within 18 months of hire upon eligibility.