Server Administrator III
- Savannah, GA
- System - Information Services
- Full Time - 8:00-4:30
- Req #: PR14040-9262
- Responsible for activities related to system administration.
- Serves as a senior resource and technical lead in Information Services (IS) projects.
- Provides support for day to day issues and requests escalated to the Server Administration Team.
- Performs work as assigned on various projects, activities, and ensures work is completed to standard.
- Ensures long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software.
- Implements operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in managing a virtualized environment in a medium or large-scale enterprise that includes ESX, vCenter, SAN Storage or similar storage technologies.
- Must have experience supporting Active Directory, DNS, Windows Servers, and DHCP.
- Administers Microsoft Exchange environment
- Monitors and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency. Performs systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles and accounts.
- Other duties may include setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- May be assigned responsibility for less experienced staff.
Bachelors Computer Science Preferred. Equivalent work experience or combination of some college and specialized training in installation and operation of enterprise operating systems, software, and hardware will be considered.
5 Years Required Serving as a technical resource supporting enterprise information technology Infrastructure; Extensive knowledge of network concepts and computer operating systems, including Windows 7 and 10, Windows server 2008 – 2019, VMware virtualization, SAN and backup/recovery technologies. Knowledge of: LAN, WAN, WLAN and VOIP.
Professional certification required: Must possess one or more industry certifications such as Microsoft MCITP/MCSA/MCSE, VMware VCP/VCAP.