Medical Lab Technician
This job posting is no longer active.
- Savannah, GA
- SJH - Pathology Laboratory
- Part-time Casual (PRN) - Days
- Req #: PR15011-9350
Who We Are
St. Joseph's/Candler is rich in history and heritage. Its anchor institutions, St. Joseph's Hospital and Candler Hospital, are two of the oldest continuously operating hospitals in the nation. As such, both have been a part of the Savannah landscape and culture for a combined history of more than 350 years. In 1997, the two legendary hospitals and their various entities developed a joint operating agreement, creating the largest health system in Southeast Georgia and the South Carolina Low Country.
What You'll Do:
- Utilizes working knowledge of the complex instruments used in the clinical laboratory to perform the work required with speed and accuracy.
- Knowledgeable of laboratory test procedures with defined automated procedures, calculations and/or indicators which are age dependent.
- Testing procedures are performed on specimens from adult, children, adolescent, neonate and geriatric patients.
- Keeps abreast of advancements made in clinical laboratory science, and reflects the current legal, ethical and professional standards in all areas of responsibility.
- Performs routine maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Participates in educational and training activities.
- Associate’s degree is required.
- Associate degree in medical laboratory technology program; or successful completion of two years of academic study in an accredited college or university or equivalent. Knowledge of procedures, policies and practices that can be obtained through specific education and/or training.
- 1 year of experience is preferred.
- May be hired as Certification eligible, but Certification must be achieved within one year of employment.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision & dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Experience with the largest health system in the region