The Pre-Registration Representative is responsible for the accurate and efficient pre-registration of scheduled patients by gathering and recording the patient demographic and insurance data in the computer system. They will also accurately add any medication previously taken or currently on into the electronic chart as well as adding any previous surgeries or procedures that the patient has had.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma/GED - Required
1 year Registration experience in a hospital, medical office or insurance setting - Preferred
Core Job Functions
1. Calls patients per state and federal guidelines. Ensures HIPAA requirements are met before disclosing any appointment information. Use correct naming conventions for all required fields.
2. Selects the correct insurance/payer mnemonic/code in the computer per established guidelines. Scans insurance cards and verifies legibility. Completes insurance and subscriber fields completely and correctly.
3. Performs patient registration following established organizational policies and procedures.
4. Reviews changes and new standards/requirements timely for patient registration and incorporates required changes into practice immediately.
5. Meets department production standards. Meets department quality standards.