St. Joseph’s/Candler offers a variety of benefits to co-workers, many of which are unique to our health system. We are continuously looking for ways to support our co-workers both at home and on the job. Here are a few highlights!
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low deductible. SJ/C offers two types of plans one of which incentivizes wellness at a lower cost to the co-worker. Both include HRA accounts funded by SJ/C.
- Additional benefit options include: dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, cancer), auto and home insurance, legal plan/identity theft protection, long-term care coverage, and more.
- Free Co-worker Clinic for non-urgent care for co-workers and spouses.
- Wellness programs and education including lectures, classes and a wellness center (at discounted rate).
- Student Loan Financial Planning through Fiducius as well as potential student loan forgiveness by working for a not-for-profit organization.
- Free confidential Employee Assistance Program that provides counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support through an SJ/C Daycare facility and Bearly Sick Program for mildly ill children.
- 401(k) Plan with a 50% match up to 6% of pay (meaning the max is 3%) beginning after 1 year of service.
- An additional Discretionary Contribution to 401K is possible each year depending on the Health System’s financial performance.
- Co-worker recognition programs.
- A generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy which includes a cash conversion option twice a year at 75% of value up to 40 hours each time (after 1 year of service).
- Home Ownership Program for first time home buyers to include down payment and closing assistance (based on specific criteria).
- Other benefits include a co-worker discount program, credit union, and more.
For a complete list of co-worker benefits, please click on this document.
Additional Benefits for our Nursing Professionals
Our nursing professionals enjoy a number of benefits specific to their profession. At SJ/C we focus on evidence-based onboarding and orientation, professional practice, professional development, giving our nurses a voice and providing additional ongoing support. Some examples include:
- Self-scheduling in collaboration with Unit Managers
- Rewards and Recognition, including the international Daisy Award
- Support for achievement and maintenance of nursing professional certification by pre-payment for certification exam, annual certification bonus, study & review materials and guarantee programs for select certifications.
- Competency based salary differentials for specialty areas.
- Free BLS, ACLS, PALS*, TNCC* (*if required defined by specialty area)
- Differentials for Charge Nurses and Preceptors