Pharmacy Residency Program
St. Joseph’s/Candler offers a number of Pharmacy Residencies for pharmacists seeking to advance their careers in clinical pharmacy for Critical Care, Emergency Medicine and Ambulatory Care.
Post Graduate Year 1 Pharmacy Residency (PGY1)
- Builds on Doctor of Pharmacy Education
- Develops clinical pharmacists for medication-related conditions
- Provides experience in nutritional support, internal medicine, critical care, cardiology, infectious diseases, hematology/oncology, Emergency Medicine, Pharmacokinetics, ambulatory care, clinical research performance improvement, medication safety and administration
- Board certification eligible
- Post Graduate Year 2 eligibility
For more information about this program, please email Derek Gaul at email@example.com.
Post Graduate Year 2 Critical Care Medicine
- Builds on Doctor of Pharmacy Education and PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program
- Develops advanced practitioners who work with the entire healthcare team to provide advanced, high-quality, cost effective care to the critically ill in the most compassionate way possible.
- Qualifies pharmacists to work in a variety of critical care environments.
For more information about this program, please email John Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post Graduate Year 2 Emergency Medicine
- Qualifies pharmacists to work in a variety of emergency medicine and critical care environments.
- Practice includes rotations through both SJ/C emergency departments, medical/surgical, neuro ICU, Cardiac Care Units (CCU), pre-hospital care with Chatham, EMS and trauma at Grady Hospital, Atlanta.
For more information about this program, please email Erica Merritt at email@example.com.
Post Graduate Year 2 Ambulatory Care
- Allows residents to function independently within ambulatory care pharmacy practices.
For more information about this program, please email Chelsea Keedy at firstname.lastname@example.org.